What is the IPS feature?
Integrated Payments Service (IPS) enables users to send Popmoney payments in-line (side-by-side) as part of the Payee Row via the Payment Center in CheckFree® RXP® (Bill Pay) desktop, Mobile Web and Mobiliti® ASP.
Why is the IPS feature being retired?
In order to provide a world-class experience for our financial institution clients and for consumers, Fiserv must periodically retire older versions of software and services. This focus enables your financial institution to take advantage of the most current and advanced solutions in the market. It also enables Fiserv to dedicate resources to delivering the latest features and enhancements and supporting these solutions.
When will the IPS feature be retired?
- June 14, 2021: Any IPS projects that are not completed by June 14 will be canceled
- July 18, 2021: IPS will be retired
What solutions will be affected by the retirement of the IPS feature?
Popmoney will no longer be integrated into CheckFree RXP desktop, Mobile Web or Mobiliti ASP. Popmoney will continue to be available separately, but the IPS feature will be unavailable and no longer in production.
Is Popmoney being retired?
Only the IPS feature is being retired at this time.
How does the retirement of the IPS feature affect the User Experience?
What will change?
- Popmoney will no longer be included in-line (side-by-side) as part of the Payee Row in Bill Pay
- Popmoney recurring plans cannot be viewed and managed within Bill Pay
- The consolidated view of payments activity (Popmoney and Bill Payment activity) will no longer be available. Only Bill Payment activity will be shown on the Activity page
- After the retirement, new Popmoney payments will not be visible on the Activity tab in Bill Pay
- If the Split an Expense feature was enabled for your financial institution, it will be unavailable after the retirement. This feature was specific to IPS, but to achieve similar functionality, your consumers can use the Request Money option in the Popmoney navigation tab to request money from multiple contacts
What will remain the same?
- All Popmoney contacts will continue to be available within both Bill Pay and Popmoney
- Users will continue to have the ability to make electronic Popmoney payments through the Popmoney navigation tab
- All Bill Pay payees, payments and autopayment plans remain unchanged
- All Popmoney recurring plans will continue to generate payments and be available within Popmoney for viewing/managing
- A full history of Popmoney payments will be available on the Activity tab in Popmoney
What is the current IPS User Experience?
- The user accesses Bill Pay and selects an individual to pay
- The Payee Row presents the option to pay using Popmoney or by mailing a check
- If the user selects to pay using the social token, money is sent through Popmoney. If the user chooses to mail a check instead, the payment is sent via Bill Pay