What you need to know about overdrafts and overdraft fees.
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough available funds in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway.
We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have a courtesy pay program that comes with your account.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as linking to a savings account or line of credit, which may be less expensive than courtesy pay.
To learn more, ask us about these plans.
What is the courtesy pay program that comes with my account?
We authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to:
- ATM transactions
- Every day debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction. If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined (and other fees may apply).
What fees will I be charged if Energy One pays my overdraft?
Under our courtesy pay program:
- We will charge you a fee of $29.00 each time we pay an overdraft, unless the overdrawn amount is $2.00 or less.
- There is no limit on the total overdraft fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account.
What if I want Energy One to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and every day debit card transactions?
Select the “do want” option below. If you do not want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and every day debit card transactions, select the “do not want” option below.
You or any joint owners have the right to revoke your optional decision at any time by visiting one of our convenient branch locations, contacting us here, or by calling 1-800-364-3628 and requesting a change in your overdraft optional decision.