Questions about the credit card letter you received?

January 3, 2017 11:38 am

Do you have an E1 Visa credit card account? There are some upcoming changes taking effect on February 17, 2017 for you to be aware of.

The processor of your account has been changed to Elan Financial Services. With this change you will be able to take advantage of:

  • Exceptional value – Enjoy the financial freedom you desire, with the added benefit of no annual fee.
  • Continued superior service – Responsive, helpful, and prompt service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week when you contact Cardmember Service.
  • Online access – view statements and receive free online business reporting through the Scoreboard reporting tool.
  • Reliable protection – 100% protection against any fraudulent activity on your account.

If you choose not to accept your new terms, you may opt out. Notify Cardmember Service by February 17, 2017 at 1-800-242-4271 or in writing at:

Cardmember Service – Location code 24703

PO Box 6337

Fargo, ND, 58125-6337

If you elect to opt out, you should continue paying the outstanding balance according to the terms of your existing account. Any balance on your current account as of February 17, 2017 will be transferred to a new account number issued by Elan. This new account will be set up as a closed account and a new card will not be issued to you. Your current account will no longer be valid as of February 17, 2017.  Please note: If you elect to opt out, you will need to notify billers who charge your credit card automatically and cancel the service or change the billing to a different payment method.

When does the opt out period end? Notify Elan at 1-800-242-4271 regarding your decision to opt out, or not accept the new account terms, by February 17, 2017.

What will my new rate be? Please refer to the change in terms notification letter dated December 29, 2016 that was recently mailed to you for the specific details of your new account.

Is there an annual fee with my new credit card? No, your new credit card has no annual fee.

How long will I have access to my old statements online? You will have access to your old account until February 16, 2017. The last 12 statements are available and you should go online and save them now while there is access.

Will my credit limit change? You will have the same credit limit on your new credit card. It will be shown on the card mailer that will arrive with your new card.

Will my credit card account number change? Yes, you will have a new credit card account number. If you use your credit card to make recurring payments, you will need to contact those billers and give them the new account number once you receive it.

My health club/cable/phone/electricity payment is automatically charged to my credit card. You will need to contact those billers and give them the new account number once you receive it, because any charges they submit after February 17 will be declined and may affect your service.

Will my automatic payment continue to be made? No, this service cannot automatically be converted to your new account from Elan. Please be sure to send your payment, prior to the due date indicated on our most recent credit card statement, to avoid any potential late charges. You will receive Auto Pay enrollment information soon.

What payment methods are available for the new account? You may pay your monthly bill by mail, phone, online, or set up Auto Pay. Once you receive your new credit card, you will receive more information about enrolling in these options.

What if a credit card payment goes to Energy One after February 17, 2017? The payment will be forwarded to Elan and applied to your new account number.

How do I request a PIN to access my new account? Once you receive your new credit card, contact Cardmember Service at the number on the back of the card to request a PIN for ATM cash advance transactions.

When can I start using my new credit card? As soon as you receive your new card and activate it, you may begin using it. remember to destroy the old card beginning in 4688 as soon as you have activated the new card. The new card will be mailed on February 3, 2017.

When will my current card no longer work? Your current card will be invalid as of February 17, 2017, regardless of the expiration date shown on your card.

Will my statement cycle or due date change? They might change. If you wish to select a new cycle or payment date, you may contact Cardmember Service once you receive your first statement after conversion.

When will my balance transfer to the new Elan account? The balance transfer is scheduled to post at end of day on Tuesday, February 21, 2017.

Where do I mail my payment? For payments due after the conversion date of February 17, 2017, send the payment and payment coupon from your January 31 statement to:

Cardmember Service

PO Box 79099

St Louis, MO, 63179-0299

This address is different than what the payment coupon from the January 31 statement will say, but it is where your payment should be sent to avoid any delays in posting the payment.

I have insurance on my card balance, does this change? Yes, the current insurance program expired on December 31, 2016. Information on a new insurance program will be available once you receive your new card.

Where is the Cardmember Service Center located? Three centers are located in Fargo, ND, Couer d’Alene, ID, and Overland Park, KS.

How do I change to a different product type? Once you receive your new card in February, you may contact Cardmember Service directly. The representative will discuss the specific criteria associated with a product change and may review other available offers.